This broth is light, yet packed with nutrients. It is not only high in protein, a great source of fibre, but also a source of vitamin A, which is known to contribute to good vision, iron metabolism, which plays a role in energy regulation, as well as immune support.
This meal is low in sugar, salt, saturated fat. It is also a source of fibre, high in protein and a source of vitamin A.
- 1.5L Water
- 100g Chicken
- 5g Miso Paste
- 1 cube of Chicken stock or home-made if you have
- 150g or 1 medium Onion
- 3g or 1 clove of garlic
- 120g or 1 large carrot
- 100g White mushrooms
- 50g Baby spinach
- 25g or 2 tbsp EVOO
- 5g or a handful or chopped, fresh parsley
- Heat a pan to medium heat, add olive oil. Chop the onion, garlic and mushrooms into small pieces and sweat in the pan until golden and you can feel the aromas.
- In the meantime, bring the water to simmer in a large pot. Add chicken stock, miso paste, and sliced carrot. Boil for 5-7 min until the carrots are softer, but not yet fully cooked.
- Add the ingredients from the pan, along with pulled or diced chicken, as well as the spinach and cook for another 5 min until the chicken is cooked. If you’ve cut your chicken into small pieces or pulled it, it may only need a few minutes to cook.
- Serve with a sprinkle of fresh parsley.
For a round-up of all our favourite recipes, click here