These minimal effort, maximum satisfaction protein muffins will transform your mornings. High in protein, low sugar and a source of vitamin B12 & E, what more can you want from a power breakfast? They are also great to go or as a snack! They are:
- Low Sugar
- High in Protein
- High in Vitamin B12
- High in Vitamin E
- Source of Vitamin D
Recipe (makes 6 large muffins):
- 5 eggs
- 1 scoop of vegan vanilla protein powder
- 250g unsweetened apple sauce
- 125g hazelnut butter
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 50g chickpea flour
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a tray of 6 large muffins and put aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients well before adding the hazelnut butter and apple sauce. Mix well once again.
- Divide the batter evenly into 6 muffin moulds and bake for 12-15 min. Check with a toothpick and aim for a slightly moist texture inside, so that the muffins don’t end up being too dry.
- Remove the muffins from the moulds and allow to cool slightly before consuming.