We want to show you that salads are not boring and only filled with leaves. This radiant mango and prawn salad with lentil orzo is a perfect example of how you can make light meals filling and satisfying during hot summer days.
30g protein per serving, along with a generous source of vitamin C. Vitamin C helps boost collagen production, which you get from the protein. It also acts as an antioxidant, which protects the skin against free radicals and damage done by the UV rays. (You still need to wear your sunscreen though!)
Recipe (serves 2):
- Flesh of 1 average mango, cut into cubes
- 200g king prawns, cooked
- 60g lentil orzo or another kind of lentil pasta
- 1 average avocado, cut into cubes
- 3 heaped tbsp of tinned corn
- ½ medium red onion, chopped
- Handful (~10g) of fresh coriander, chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric
- Pinch of black pepper to boost the absorption of turmeric by up to 2000%
- Lime juice from 1 lime
- Lime zest from ½ lime
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Boil the orzo as per packet instructions.
- In the meantime, prepare and chop the rest of the salad ingredients.
- Mix the dressing.
- When the orzo is ready, rinse it with cold water and place it in a large salad bowl.
- Add the rest of the salad ingredients, pour over the dressing and enjoy!v