In the mood for soup? Who isn’t? With a slice (or two) of delicious wholewheat or sourdough bread, it is the perfect lunch to leave you feeling warm and satisfied on a cold, Winter's day.
Our soup is thick and silky, made from cauliflower, potatoes, chestnuts and Jerusalem artichokes. Source of dietary fibre, low in fat and saturated fat, and contributes to at least 3 of your 5 a day. Plant diversity is key to feeding your gut!
1 tbsp olive oil
½ stick of leek, sliced
2 tbsp chestnut kernels
¼ head of cauliflower, roughly chopped
1 tbsp Jerusalem artichoke
1 potato, peeled and cut into pieces
½ vegetable stock cube
- Heat your olive oil in a medium-sized saucepan before adding your sliced leek & cook until brown.
- Add the chestnut kernels, potatoes, artichoke and cauliflower. Stir & cook for around 5 to 8 minutes.
- Dissolve the stock cube in water then pour into the saucepan.
- Reduce to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Using a liquidiser, blitz soup according to your preference of texture. Serve with a drizzle of oil, handful of herbs, & toasted sliced bread.
Nutrition per 300g serving:
Energy 187kcal | Fat 7.5g of which saturates 1.1g | Carbohydrate 24g of which sugars 4.5g | Fibre 4.5g | Protein 3.9g | Salt 1.1g