Truth be told, we cannot stop thinking about these cinnamon-bun baked oats. Indulgent, warming and perfectly sweet. To give them that 'iced' cinnamon bun effect, we served ours warm with a generous dollop of plant based yoghurt.
Perfect for those cozy mornings, they truly do feel like a real treat. (All without compromising on nutrition). Rich in fibre and a source of protein, these baked oats will have you avoiding hitting that snooze button. So good!
- 200g GF rolled oats
- 480g oat milk
- 80g applesauce
- 40g or 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 20g or 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 18g or 1 tbsp psyllium husks for extra fibre
- 5g or 2 full tsp cinnamon
- 5g or 1 full tsp GF baking powder
- 5g or 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- Serve with 50g (per serving) almond yoghurt, or your yoghurt of choice, mixed with ½ tsp cinnamon.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Meanwhile, add the oats, baking powder and salt to a bowl and mix well.
- Then add the remaining ingredients and mix well once again.
- Add the mixture into a baking dish (a pie dish works well too) that is at least ~5 cm deep and bake for 30 min, testing with a toothpick for the oats to be a bit moist but not too liquid.