A warming, GUT-loving recipe for you to try at home! This breakfast contains 10 plant varieties, is low in saturated fat, sugar and salt. It is also a source of protein, vitamin D and vitamin B12.
- Buckwheat, raw 30g
- Red capsicum 30g
- Yellow capsicum 30g
- Courgette 40g
- Button mushrooms 50g
- White onion 30g
- Eggs 2
- Olive oil 6g (1/2 tbsp)
- Fresh dill 2g
- Salt and pepper to taste (0.5g each)
- Bring water to boil.
- Add the buckwheat and simmer until soft.
- While the buckwheat is boiling, chop the red and yellow pepper, courgette and button mushrooms.
- Heat a pan to medium heat and add olive oil.
- Add the onion and mushrooms to the pan and sautée for 3-5min.
- Add the red and yellow peppers and courgette to the pan and sautée for another couple of minutes until soft.
- Once the buckwheat is boiled, drain it and add to the pan.
- Add the eggs to the pan and mix all ingredients together until the eggs are cooked-through.
- Season with fresh or dried dill, pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
For a round-up of all our favourite recipes, click here