These brownies are high in fibre, and vitamin A & E, both of which are powerful antioxidants. With an interesting plant addition of sweet potato, they are a deliciously sweet, rich festive addition to your table.
Makes 12 squares
- 1 large ( ~335g) sweet potato
- 60g almond flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 120g almond butter
- 3 level tbsp (60g) raw honey
- 2 level tbsp (25g) melted coconut oil
- ½ tsp (2g) baking powder, gluten-free
- Pinch of salt (0.5g)
- Dairy-free chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Cut the sweet potato into cubes and bake for 20-25min until soft. Blend in a food processor until smooth.
- Add mashed sweet potato, almond butter, maple syrup and coconut oil to a large mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder, pinch of salt and cacao powder into the same bowl and mix well.
- Line a 8x8 baking tray with baking paper, add the brownie mix and spread out evenly.
- Add the chocolate chips on top if you wish.
- Bake for 25-30min. Check consistency with a toothpick.
- Enjoy warm or cold.