The air is getting a little crisper and we are welcoming pumpkin spice season with open arms. This week we whipped up a special treat that will fill your tastebuds with Autumnal bliss. Introducing our gut-loving, spiced pumpkin muffins. These beauties are infused with the warmth of five aromatic autumn spices and are brimming with 10 plant points to keep your gut happy.
Plus, they pair perfectly with a generous slather of your favourite nut butter. Ready to indulge in some cozy Autumn flavors? Enjoy them any time of day, whether it's breakfast, a snack, or dessert – they are always a hit.
- 2 eggs
- 250g GF oat flour
- 350g pumpkin puree
- 60g unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbsp (or ~60g) raw honey
- 2 tsp (8g) baking powder
- 2 tsp (4.5g) ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp (1g) cloves
- ½ tsp (1g) ground ginger
- ½ tsp (1g) nutmeg
- ½ tsp (1g) allspice
- 1 tbsp psyllium husks
- 1 tsp olive oil to grease the muffin tin
- Preheat the oven to 180C and prepare a greased muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin puree, honey, and almond milk.
- Add baking powder, psyllium husks and all the spices.
- Lastly, add the oat flour and mix gently.
- Pour the batter into the muffin moulds, filling each up by about ⅓.
- Bake for 20-25 min, however this can vary depending on the varying sizes of the muffin tins.
- Check with a toothpick by inserting it into the muffin and aiming for it to come out clean.