This miso marinated aubergine is paired with tender stem broccoli & a deliciously citrusy lime kale. It contains 9g of fibre (out of the recommended 30g daily!). and is high in Vitamin K which helps to make various proteins that contribute to healthy bones and normal blood clotting. It also contains 10 plant varieties to foster your gut microbiome diversity!
- 15g kale, raw
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 aubergine (~250g), cut in half
- 80g tenderstem broccoli
- 1 stalk of spring onion (~10g)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 chilli pepper (~20g), chopped
- 1 tbsp GF tamari soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp miso paste
- Slice the flesh of the halved aubergine in a “criss-cross” way and bake in the oven for 20 min at 200C. You can also grill the aubergine if you’re having a barbeque outdoors.
- While the aubergine is cooking, prepare the miso glaze by mixing the tamari sauce, sesame oil, raw honey and miso paste. Add a squeeze of lime juice and mix well.
- Massage the raw kale mixed with a tablespoon of lime juice and spread evenly on a plate for it to serve as a base for the aubergine.
- Either steam or grill the tenderstem broccoli and add to the plate.
- Once the aubergine has cooked for 20 min, remove from the oven, spread the miso glaze on top, and put it back in the oven for another 20 min. For the last 5 minutes, put it on grill mode if you’re cooking it in the oven.
- Once cooked, place it on the kale and garnish with chopped chilli, sesame seeds and spring onion.