Many enter the new year with an optimistic mindset, and a drive like no other. This newfound energy can be optimised by creating nourishing and balanced meals that can support your overall wellbeing, and even support you in maintaining this energy throughout 2021.
As a premium delivery service that focuses on providing nutritionist-approved and chef-crafted meals with a unique focus on gut health to doors around London, we are passionate about encouraging the support of your wellbeing through all of our platforms.
Bring balance into 2021 with a few of our favourite, wholesome recipes that you can make at home:
- Caribbean Curry [Serves 2]
A colourful dish to bring you a taste of summer throughout the colder months, whilst still providing you warmth and comfort.
This dish is abundant in dietary fibre, sourced from a plethora of whole foods, including legumes, whole grains, and root vegetables.
- 15g coconut oil (or 1 tbsp regular vegetable oil)
- 10g garlic chopped
- 10g ginger chopped
- 2 green chillies sliced in half (less heat if you remove the seeds!)
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp Caribbean curry powder (any variation!)
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 drained tin of chickpeas
- 100ml coconut milk
- 150g brown rice, cooked
- Salt to taste
- Desiccated coconut to garnish
- Gently warm the coconut oil in a pan, and add cumin, coriander, curry powder, onion, garlic, ginger, and chilli for 5-8 minutes until a golden brown colour is achieved.
- Add the sweet potato, and cook for 5 minutes. Following this, add the tomatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and green pepper and cook for further 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add in the coconut milk; cover and simmer for 7-10 minutes or until sweet potato is cooked. Add salt to taste.
- Serve your deliciously colourful Caribbean curry with rice, and top with desiccated coconut.
- Rainbow Lentil Stew [Serves 8]
That is right, it gets even more colourful. This fibre-filled, colourful dish is not only rich in flavour, it is also easy to prepare.
Our nutritionist-approved rainbow lentil stew is low in salt, and serves as a source of protein, and at least 3 of your 5 A DAY.
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 4 small carrots
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 spring onion
- 2 bell peppers
- 600ml water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200g red lentils
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 200g spinach leaves
- Peel and slice onion, garlic, sweet potatoes, and carrots.
- Chop the tomatoes, spring onion, and bell peppers.
- Prepare your stock by combining the stock cube and water.
- Heat the oil in a deep stock pot. Add the onion, garlic, and spring onion. Mix for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, bell peppers, carrot, stir for 5-6 minutes. Once combined, add in the red lentils and sweet potatoes. Following this, add in the vegetable stock and tomato puree; stir everything well.
- Cover the pot to cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Add the spinach. Mix until the leaves wilt.
- Once ready, serve this delicious stew on it’s own, or with a side of rice or whole grain bread.
Add a boost of flavour, texture, and colour to all of your meals with this delicious basil pesto. This dip is also a nourishing way of consuming your all-important healthy fats!
- 85g basil leaves
- 2 garlic leaves
- 80g Brazil nuts
- 50g Parmesan cheese, or a non-dairy equivalent
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of coarse salt or Himalayan pink salt
- Blanch the basil leaves and shock them in ice water. This helps to maintain their green colour.
- Peel and crush the garlic.
- Combine the basil leaves, garlic cloves, Brazil nuts, cheese, oil, and salt in a blender. Mix until this resembles a smooth paste.
- Serve or place in a jar to store in the fridge — it should last for a few days, but best when fresh.
All of our nutritious recipes are made up of simple, plant-based ingredients that are easily sourced. These dishes are a delicious way to increase your fibre intake and feed your gut microflora.
Which dish are you looking forward to trying most?
At Kurami, we work to provide you with premium, nutritionist-approved, and chef-crafted meals that are delivered straight to your doorstep, saving you time, worry, and stress. Alongside the nutritiously delicious food that we create, we also give great importance to sustainability by doing all that we can, as a team, to protect the planet.
- Our Packaging is 100% recyclable or compostable
- We are a certified Plastic Neutral company
- All of our produce is locally & responsibly sourced
- We avoid food waste through strategic planning. All ingredients go to use!
- We use whole foods. Kurami is always free from additives, colourings, flavourings, preservatives.
Discover beauty from within. Order your meal path today, and let us pamper you this 2021 with our nutritionist-approved and chef crafted meal paths.