A deliciously sweet blackberry & plum cake with a twist. Make this upside down cake your sweet centrepiece this Winter season.
4 plums, stoned and sliced into wedges
200g ground almonds
200g light brown sugar
1tsp baking powder (gluten-free)
½ tsp salt
3 tbsp coconut or strained yogurt
125ml vegetable oil
3 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 180°C or gas mark 4.
- Grease and line a 20cm cake tin.
- Place the blackberries and plum wedges at the bottom of the cake tin.
- Combine the ground almonds, polenta, baking powder, salt, sugar, then add the yogurt, oil and beaten eggs.
- Tip the batter into the cake tin, and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave to cool, before transferring to a wire rack. When done, place the serving plate on the top of the cake tin and reverse.
- Decorate with a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
Nutrition per ⅛ cake
Energy 2092kJ/ 503kcal | Fat 35g of which saturates 5.6g | Carbohydrate 36g of which sugars 29g | Fibre 5.2g | Protein 9.3g | Salt 0.6g