Red Immunity Soup
Red bell peppers and tomatoes are among the top foods that have the highest vitamin C content. Vitamin C has powerful antioxidant properties that fight free radicals and lower inflammation, while also keeping the immune system strong and helping it to battle any seasonal sniffles.
Claims: High in Fibre, High in Protein, High in Vitamin C
- 500ml Water
- 480g or 3 medium Red bell peppers
- 480g or 3 medium Orange bell peppers
- 200g drained Red lentils
- 400g or 1 can of peeled tomatoes
- 25g or 2tbsp EVOO
- 1g Fresh rosemary
- 10g Fresh Basil
- 1g Paprika
- 1g Salt
- 1 cube of Vegetable stock (or home-made)
- Cut the bell peppers into thick strips and spread out on a baking tray. Brush with olive oil, sprinkle with some salt and fresh rosemary. Roast for 20min at 180C.
- In a pot, pour the remaining olive oil, peeled tomatoes, lentils, paprika and vegetable stock. Add the roasted peppers and the salt, as well as the basil. Cover and simmer for 5min.
- Blend using a blender and mix well. See how much water needs to be added. It may be that you won’t need all of the indicated amount, so pour little by little and continue mixing until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve with some fresh basil on top and a dash of vegan cream or yoghurt (optional).
For a round-up of all our favourite recipes, click here.