Despite alcohol being helpful in falling asleep, it is a sleep disruptor that affects the quality of deep sleep. This + dehydration from alcohol and a groggy morning after is almost guaranteed, which eliminates the option for a relaxing drink after dinner. Our melatonin-promoting, magnesium-rich cherry mocktail is here to change that.
Cherries are a source of melatonin, a hormone that promotes sleep, while magnesium glycinate is a type of magnesium, which is known for its nervous system calming effects. To top it off, a hint of mint is helpful for digestion after an evening meal.
- 400ml natural tart cherry juice
- 200ml sparkling water
- Juice from ½ lime
- 1 tsp agave or maple syrup, or honey
- 2 servings of magnesium glycinate powder
- Pinch of sea salt + more to decorate the glasses
- A few sprigs of fresh mint
- 2 handfuls of ice cubes
- Start by decorating the rims of the glasses with salt, by brushing the rims with water and placing them into a plate with salt. Make circular movements with gentle pressure to make the salt stick.
- Mix all ingredients in a shaker together with the ice cubes. Divide into two glasses.
- Add a pinch of sea salt and decorate with fresh mint.