This courgette and carrot slice is the perfect gluten-free, fibre-rich bread alternative. 6.5g protein per slice serves as a filling snack or the protein boost you need with your main meal.
Makes 12 slices
- 300g courgette, grated and any excess water drained
- 200g carrots
- 240g or 1 large white onion, diced
- 5 eggs
- 4g baking powder
- 1 heaped tsp herbs de Provence (or another herb mix)
- 5 tbsp or 60g olive oil
- 150g almond flour
- 100g plant-based mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2g salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Line a baking tin suitable for a loaf with parchment paper and grease with olive oil.
- Preheat the oven to 170C with the fan function on.
- Whisk the eggs, add the flour and mix well.
- Add the grated courgette and carrot, as well as the diced onion and vegan mozzarella. Season with herbs de Provence, salt and pepper. Add the baking powder. Mix well.
- Pour into the tin and bake for 30-40 min until the top is golden. Aim for a moist inside and check with a toothpick after 30 min whether it needs more time to bake.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze for later consumption.