With 24g protein and 12g of fibre, rich in omega-3 healthy fats and a source of vitamin B12, this breakfast will set you up for success to take on the day!
- 40g milled flaxseeds
- 60ml water
- 2 eggs (or silken tofu)
- Splash (25ml) pea milk, or any milk of choice
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- ½ (30g) white onion
- Handful (20g) baby spinach
- Pinch of salt
- Olive oil for cooking the eggs
- Boil water in a pot. Once boiling, remove from heat and add the ground flaxseeds (if yours are whole, you can grind them using a food processor). Mix well until all the water is absorbed. This should take a couple of minutes.
- Once a consistent mass is formed, place on a non-stick surface and let it cool.
- Once cooled down, form a ball and roll it out to form a circle-shaped tortilla.
- Place the tortilla in a large pan by flipping it over from the parchment paper. The pan should be heated to medium heat. Cook for 1 min on one side and 30 seconds on the other side.
- Fill with egg or tofu scramble. And wilted spinach.
- For the scramble to be more colourful and fluffy, add a splash of plant milk and a pinch of turmeric before cooking.
For a round-up of all our favourite recipes, click here.