With plenty of reasons to stay inside and keep cosy this February 14th, make your evening special with two of our Nutritionist approved, Valentines day recipes. Avoid the pre-set restaurant menus and take to the kitchen for some indulgent ‘me’ time, or with a loved one for a fun, lighthearted bonding activity.
Breakfast - Carrot Cake Pancakes
1 large carrot, grated
1 ripe, medium banana, mashed
1 scoop of plant-based vanilla protein powder
Oat milk (~200ml)
1 level tsp cinnamon
½ tsp baking powder
Ingredients for toppings |
2 heaped tbsp dairy-free yoghurt of choice
1 tbsp raisins
6 crushed walnuts
- Into a mixing bowl, add the grated carrot, mashed banana, protein powder, cinnamon and baking powder.
- While mixing, add oat milk until desired consistency and mix thoroughly.
- Heat a large non-stick pan to medium heat.
- Cook until small air holes become visible on top of the pancakes.
- Flip the pancakes and cook for another few minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with a dollop of dairy-free yoghurt and a sprinkle of raisins and crushed walnuts.
- Add a drizzle of maple syrup if more sweetness is desired.
Nutritional content per serve | Serves 2 - 296 kcal per serving. A source of protein, fibre & low in salt and saturated fat.
Dessert - Sweet Potato Brownies
1 large sweet potato
60g oat flour
50g cocoa powder
120g almond butter
3 level tbsp maple syrup
2 level tbsp melted coconut oil
½ tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
Dairy-free chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Cut the sweet potato into cubes and bake for 20-25min until soft. Blend in a food processor until smooth.
- Add mashed sweet potato, almond butter, maple syrup and coconut oil to a large mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder, pinch of salt and cacao powder into the same bowl and mix well.
- Line a 8x8 baking tray with baking paper, add the brownie mix and spread out evenly.
- Add the chocolate chips on top if you wish.
- Bake for 25-30min. Check consistency with a toothpick.
- Enjoy warm or cold.
Nutritional content per serve | Serves 12 - 195kcal per brownie.