Looking to up your plant diversity? Take a look at our new, nutritionist approved Kurami dip in collaboration with Mother Root.
Their zingy ginger non-alcoholic beverage is the perfect complimentary drink to go alongside this creamy artichoke and parsnip dip. Crafted to excite your tastebuds, why not try our recipe at home for yourself, and grab yourself a bottle of their tasty switchel?
Low in sugar and a source of fibre, your gut will love you for this match made in heaven.
1 globe artichoke
4 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic
½ can of chickpeas
zest and juice of ½ lemon
2 tbsp tahini
½ tsp salt
½ tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp coriander seeds
½ tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 180°C or gas mark 4.
- Peel and dice the parsnips.
- Prepare the artichoke, remove the stem and choke, and trim the tips of the hearts, halve it lengthways.
- Place the parsnip cubes on a baking tray, drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Place each of the artichoke halve in a large square of aluminium foil, add 1 clove of garlic and drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil, then wrap it up securely.
- Roast the parsnip cubes and artichoke halves for 30 minutes, and cool them down in room temperature.
- When the vegetables are cooled down, add the remaining oil, garlic, chickpeas, lemon juice and zest, tahini, salt, cumin seeds and coriander seeds into a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Sprinkle the paprika to finish. Serve with your favourite dippers.
Tip: If you decide to use canned (and drained) artichoke hearts, skip step 2 and 5, and add these directly to step 7.
Nutrition per 170g portion
Energy 1166kJ/ 281kcal | Fat 20g of which saturates 2.9g | Carbohydrate 14g of which sugars 4.8g | Fibre 6.4g | Protein 7g | Salt 0.5g