Low sugar, 16g of plant protein and 30% of the daily recommended fibre - did someone say the perfect pancakes exist? These ones are proof that you can have sweet meals and not have your blood sugar spiked!
- 10g plant-based vanilla protein powder
- 10g plant-based chocolate protein powder
- 1 egg or 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 300ml oat milk
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 120g gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1 heaped tsp raw cocoa powder
- 10g melted coconut oil
- Mixed berries for garnish
- Choice of plant-based yoghurt for dip
- Separate the egg yolk from the egg white, mix both in separate bowls. Mix the egg white until foamy.
- Mix the flour, chia seeds or egg yolk, oat milk, protein powders, cocoa powder and mashed banana until smooth. If using egg, add the foamy egg white and mix well.
- Heat a pan to medium heat and add coconut oil.
- Form pancakes and cook each side until you can see bubbles forming on the top, then flip and do the same on the other side.
- Serve with fresh berries and a plant-based yoghurt dip.
For a round-up of all our favourite recipes, click here.