Summer rolls Kurami way means extra touch of sweetness from the yellow pepper and a hint of sweet and sour from the strawberry, creating the perfect summer dynamic.
These rolls are a delicious and nutritious source of protein and fibre, containing 15g plant protein.
You will also benefit from vitamin K, needed for blood clotting and bone health, and vitamin C, used in collagen synthesis, among its multiple functions.
Makes: 4 rolls
- 4 sheets or 30g Rice paper
- 30g Red cabbage, julienne style
- 30g Yellow capsicum, cut into sticks
- 50g Cucumber, cut into sticks
- ¼ or 35g Avocado
- 1 large (~25g) strawberry, cut into thin slices
- 3g Fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 stalk or 10g Spring onion, diced into thin rings
- ½ tsp or 2g Sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp of 15g Lime juice
- 80g Smoked tofu, cut into strips
- Submerge the rice paper sheets into a a large, shallow bowl (like a soup plate) in hot water for them to soften.
- Place on a flat surface and lay out the different ingredients in the middle of the sheet.
- Squeeze some lime on top and sprinkle some sesame seeds.
- Wrap the roll by first folding the top and the bottom parts towards the centre. Then close one side of the roll and the second one.
- Serve with soya sauce or dip into yoghurt of choice.