This probiotic and prebiotic power bowl is a delicious mix of flavours, as well as crunchy and creamy textures. One portion contains 20g of plant-based protein, 14g of fibre and 15 plant varieties. Fermented and sprouted ingredients add a great prebiotic boost, while a good quality yoghurt provides a generous serving of probiotics.
- 5g (1tsp) olive oil
- ½ can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2g paprika
- Pinch of salt
- 5g nutritional yeast
- 40g or ½ beetroot, raw, grated julienne style
- 35g or ¼ average sized avocado
- 25g gherkins, thinly sliced
- 10g sprouts of choice - we are using mustard and cress
- 15g (1 tbsp) tahini
- 15g (1 tbsp) yoghurt of choice - we are using our signature KuYo
- Lemon juice from ½ lemon
- 3g (1 tsp) white sesame seeds
- 3g (1 tsp) hemp seeds
- Pinch of black pepper.
- Heat a pan to medium heat, drizzle the olive oil and roast the chickpeas for a couple of minutes. Add the paprika and salt on top.
- Cover your serving plate with watercress and pour the roasted paprika chickpeas on top to take up approximately a quarter of the plate. Sprinkle the nutritional yeast on the chickpeas.
- Next, add the grated beetroot, thinly sliced gherkins, and the sprouts of choice.
- Cut up the avocado into chunks and add to the plate. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top of the avocado.
- For the dressing, mix the tahini, the yoghurt, and the juice from half a lemon. Mix well and pour on top of the dish.
- Finally, sprinkle the hemp seeds all over and add a pinch of black pepper.
- Enjoy served as a buddha bowl with all ingredients separate or mix all together.
Fancy trying another salad this week? Try our delicious summer salad with vegan feta, tempeh & 20 plant varieties!